New Songs from… Everyone!

Well well well, looks like yesterday was a great day for album leaks. Let’s see what we’ve got:

First off, we have The Streets‘ new album, Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living. I’m almost done listening to it all the way through and so far I’m wildly impressed. I really didn’t like “When You Wasn’t Famous” (I actually think it’s the weakest song on the album), but luckily the rest of the songs are much better…flows really well. Here’s my favorite so far:

[MP3] The StreetsWar Of The Sexes

Secondly, we have Final Fantasy‘s new album He Poos Clouds. I’ve listened to it a few times from start to finish, and I didn’t really like it at first… aside from being 6 songs shorter than his debut, it’s also a little less accessible; not necessarily a bad thing (it’s growing on me), but not really what I expected. Here’s my favorite song so far:

[MP3] Final FantasyArctic Circle

Thirdly, speaking of arctic, Arctic Monkeys have come out of nowhere to release a new EP, the spectacularly named Who The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys? EP. It includes one track from their debut, a reworked, mastered version of the “Cigarette Smoker” demo, and 3 new tracks. Here’s one of those new ones:

[MP3] Arctic MonkeysWho The Fuck Are Arctic Monkeys?

Finally, The Mountain Goats have released an Austrailia tour-only EP called Babylon Springs. It includes 4 new songs as well as a Trembling Blue Stars cover. Here’s one of the new songs:

[MP3] The Mountain GoatsAlibi

That’s all for now, but Nathaniel’s got some good stuff for you later on, I promise.

jspaceman April 7, 2006 at 3:29 pm

I’ve been trying to figure out the chorus to “War Of The Sexes” and still can’t get it all.

countrygrrl April 7, 2006 at 4:59 pm

glad to hear the streets before purchase..not really my cup of tequila with hot haggis…sounds a bit forced and trying to be hip. i guess some artists just have one album in them and this guy might be one of them, he was a bit of a novelty act and this doesn’t disprove it, however the arctics have come up with a great track..and i for one will be rushing down to my download site..thanks,,,

Moka April 7, 2006 at 5:42 pm

Arctic monkeys are amazingly good at surpassing their hype… impressed, but not in love.

You checked the new massive attack songs?
“live with me” is pretty good.

Fetal Pig April 8, 2006 at 5:57 am

It’s funny to hear someone call the Streets a novelty act and then praise the Arctic Monkeys. The Streets exposed an entire genre of music to the masses (some novelty!), but hey I guess that’s just not tequila with hot haggis…

Squashed April 8, 2006 at 2:34 pm

arctic monkey recording technique is improving. They seem to start paying attention to detail instead of solely loud and fast. Good for them. Still not a big fan tho’ just mildly interested.

Anonymous April 8, 2006 at 8:46 pm

The Streets exposed WHO to a whole new genre of music? Get real, you’re giving way too much credit for that marblemouthed git Mike Skinner. I do think the lads and lassies knew rappin’ way before the Streets ever came along. All Skinner did was unleash the floodgates of fellow spectacularly untalented UK rubbish rappers.

stimmenimitator April 9, 2006 at 9:13 am

The difference betweeen Mike Skinner and the Arctic Monkeys? Mike Skinner is funny, entertaining and has put out three great albums in a row.

The Arctic Monkeys are just one of these UK-Hype bands. How many of these did we have last year? 35 or 109? I don’t remeber them anymore except for the Maximo Chiefs. They are great.

Anonymous August 19, 2009 at 2:55 am