A for Vendetta

I just saw V for Vendetta and seriously…see this movie, for three reasons:

1. It kicks ass.
2. Natalie Portman
3. Antony and the Johnsons

I was caught up in staring in awe at Natalie Portman when I noticed that the music of my favorite transvestite (sorry Hedwig…seriously though, it’s over) was lighting the mood. Biirrrdddd Ghheeerrlll

[MP3] Antony and the JohnsonsBird Gehrl

Will March 25, 2006 at 12:44 pm

Hedwig’s a transsexual, dude. Not a transvestite.

Jesus.

connor March 25, 2006 at 3:15 pm

well…no, not even, Hedwig still has his angry inch, not a complete post-op…so, can’t it be both?

Anonymous March 25, 2006 at 4:37 pm

I hope this doesn’t turn into potential “bloggers want to know” interview post. The mp3 blog scens is ripe for something else beyond simple review. I can feel it. everybody is itching to do more than pasting hype machine.

incidentally, I bet if anybody can pull that interview, it’ll blew blog traffic out of the water. I know I would link to that article like crazy.

(PS. sorry posting on the wrong thread.)

ryan March 27, 2006 at 1:22 pm

hedwig decides on his male identity in the end of the movie.

transvestite is not a good word to use. in fact its offensive, transexual works, or you could just refer to the umbrella term “transgender” if you dont know what someone thinks of themself.

As for Antony, I think HEs not even close to transsexual, hes totally androgenous.

-r

connor March 27, 2006 at 2:46 pm

whoa whoa, transvestite is just someone who wears what’s culturally defined as the clothing of the opposite gender…something that both Antony and Hedwig have done / known to do

Anonymous February 3, 2007 at 11:46 pm

A little education from a transgendered person:

Transvestites wear opposite-gendered clothing, but do not consider themselves members of the opposite gender.

Transgendered people live as whatever gender [Or somewhere inbetween. There are a ton of different names and life choices out there nowadays.], and it has little to do with how one dresses. Likewise, a transgendered person doesn’t need to get an operation to be transgendered. They, for whatever reason, do not feel that they fit in the gender given them at birth, and that’s really the basic definition. It doesn’t matter what the outward signs are.

heather September 6, 2007 at 10:59 pm

HI guys. Old post, I know, but I am looking around for Format stuff in prep for seeing them tomorrow. Yay!

Anyways, I had to say that I also loved the placement of Cat Power’s cover of “I Found A Reason” in this movie, I think it comes on the jukebox thing, and if I recall correctly it’s right after she finds out that V has been holding her captive. The big moment. I think. (I am really bad at remembering plot lines, but I never forget a great song placement)