Andrew Bird – Black Session (Live)

I was trying to make a list of all the concerts I’ve ever been to…as very trying task, but one that brings back some great memories of some amazing shows. One of the best show’s in terms of performance that I’ve ever witnessed was Andrew Bird. If you’re a fan of his music then you should really try to see him live, it’s a whole different experience…in fact, the arrangements of the majority of his songs are changed when played live but still are able to retain their complexity. You’ll be stunned, I guarantee it.

Anyways, for those of you who like his music but don’t plan to see him live, check out this bootlegg from his Black Session performance on 3/21/05:

[MP3] 01. Andrew BirdIntro
[MP3] 02. Andrew BirdSovay
[MP3] 03. Andrew BirdWhy?
[MP3] 04. Andrew BirdA Nervous Tic Motion Of The Head To The Left
[MP3] 05. Andrew BirdMeasuring Cups
[MP3] 06. Andrew BirdBanking On A Myth
[MP3] 07. Andrew BirdMasterfade
[MP3] 08. Andrew BirdFake Palindromes
[MP3] 09. Andrew BirdArmchair Apocalypse
[MP3] 10. Andrew BirdTables And Chairs
[MP3] 11. Andrew BirdCapital Isle
[MP3] 12. Andrew BirdLull

Sorry about the lazy post again, but hey…it’s spring break! If you’re even in the position to care you should seriously get out more…like incest serious. Check back later today for another one…punkasses…

Aaron Burkhalter March 15, 2006 at 9:16 pm

Lazy post nothin’! Andrew Bird is awesome and deserving of all such credit! And this concert in particular completely rules!!!!!

Did you get this off of the Audio Archives? Or is it a different version altogether?

Dave Rawkblog March 15, 2006 at 9:20 pm

sweet! thanks dude

iworkatinitech March 16, 2006 at 7:34 am

Thanks for the post! I have a link to a great show over at etree of his from May 2005 on my site. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous March 17, 2006 at 6:42 pm

Wow! Thanks for listening access to these. The quality is great and its wonderful to hear Andrew Bird in action live.

One critique – the last track is definitely not “Lull” off of Weather Systems. I’m not sure what it is, but that’s not it. Thanks though!

Sarah March 17, 2006 at 8:33 pm

Thanks so much for posting these. I was meant to see Andrew Bird when I was in NYC last year, and there ended up being a clash that meant I couldn’t go. I live in Australia and I really doubt he’ll ever come here, so I really regret not making it to the nyc gig.. so it is really fantastic to be able to hear this (even though it does make me gnash my teeth a bit! *g*)

Anonymous March 29, 2006 at 12:46 am

OUTSTANDING!!!! THanks for sticking this up! I stumbled accros the Mysterious Prodiction of Eggs completely by chance and I’ve been listening to it non stop for the last year! But like Sarah, I’m in Australia and I’m not overly hopeful about the chances of Andrew making it our way (note to anyone with any influecnce over where Andrew Bird may tour: Please send him here :) ) so it’s really cool to hear such a good recording of this performance!

Anonymous June 1, 2006 at 6:59 pm

The song labeled as “Lull” is actually a slightly modified version of and old blues song called “Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning” by Mississippi Fred McDowell as far as I can tell. But I guess all blues songs are ‘somewhat modified.” So there you go…

Anonymous June 1, 2006 at 7:00 pm

The song labeled as “Lull” is actually a slightly modified version of and old blues song called “Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning” by Mississippi Fred McDowell as far as I can tell. But I guess all blues songs are somewhat modified. So there you go…

Anonymous October 27, 2006 at 2:33 pm

I was wondering if you can repost?

Anonymous January 5, 2007 at 9:33 am

Yeah, would be nice if you could repost, I am searching for this a long time.

Thanks in advance

kate January 29, 2007 at 11:09 pm

Just found this after it was linked months ago on the Andrew Bird LJ community… no chance you could reupdate, is there?

Anonymous June 19, 2007 at 10:00 am

I only have part of this, and it’s so beautiful…I would also really love it if you could repost. thanks…